- One of the main goals of Turkish Home Textile Sector and Turkish Contract Business Sector is to strengthen its success in both traditional markets and in new markets with its own brands. The positive and strong relations with these global partners that Turkey has been pursuing have also been initiated between these countries’ industrialists and exporters.
One of the first countries coming to mind on textiles in the entire world, Turkey succeeds in being one of the brand countries in home textile field. The Turkey’s success on a global scale is mainly bases on a great number of details from A to Z including quality wool and fabric, rich manufacturing areas and techniques, advanced education opportunities in the textile area, qualified labor force in quality and quantity. Please check the whole text to discover the intriguing details of exporting or importing in this area and learn more.
A major part of modern and traditional home textile manufacturing facilities is located in the Western Anatolia and Central Anatolia. Many details from raw materials to manufacturing techniques, machinery, and labor forces are 100% local. Our country does not confine itself to the domestic market; it is regarded as one of the powerful players of the home textile worldwide. When domestic and international market shares are added including the shuttle trade, the result amounts to 13 billion dollars, which is quite a high amount. The manufacturing numbers of the Turkish home textile industry per product are ranked as follows:
- Manufacturing of 2.3 billion dollars is performed including domestic and international market shares in bathroom textile products such as towels and bathrobes.
- The total number of domestic and international market shares amounts to 2.6 billion dollars in bedding and other bedroom textile products, similar to towels and bathrobes.
- The total number of domestic and international market shares exceeds 1.5 billion dollars in draperies and curtains.
- Blankets, tablecloths, and hand made textile products get closer to a manufacturing share of 1.1 billion dollars in total.
- Import products constitute nearly 30% of the 13-billion-dollar domestic and international trade share
According to official records, the home textile industry, which employs more than 500.000 people in Turkey, also continues manufacturing non-stop with over 3.000 facilities, 750 of which are medium and big sized, in many provinces that are developed in terms of population, industry, technology, and transportation such as Istanbul, Izmir, Bursa, Tekirdag, Denizlik, and Usak. For example:
- The curtain manufacturing capacity alone reaches 300.000 tonnes in our country per year.
- The factory, which performs duvet cover manufacturing with the highest capacity in Europe, is located in Turkey.
- Turkey is among the 3 biggest suppliers in the world in the towel and bathrobe group.
- Mainly including the towel, curtain, duvet cover, blanket, and carpet export, Turkey sends tens of products groups manufactured in home textile field to European Union countries, the United States of America, and many other countries. The home textile industry, which constitutes approximately 16% of the total export and is the most important third industry for the country export based on these values, is regarded as one of the most effective players to meet the current deficit.
Mainly including the towel, curtain, duvet cover, blanket, and carpet export, Turkey sends tens of products groups manufactured in home textile field to European Union countries, the United States of America, and many other countries. The home textile industry, which constitutes approximately 16% of the total export and is the most important third industry for the country export based on these values, is regarded as one of the most effective players to meet the current deficit.
At the end of 2018, the total exports of textile and clothing of Turkey is recorded as 26,1 billion USD. Total textile exports of Turkey are 8,5 billion USD. Total Home Textile exports of Turkey are recorded as 2,7 billion USD. Towels, bed sheets, curtain fabric, bathrobes, the other furnishing articles, curtains, interior blinds, curtain and bed valances and upholstery fabrics are the main export articles.
Today, Turkish Home Textile companies are intensively exporting to countries such as the Germany, USA, Bulgaria, France, United Kingdom, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Iran, Spain and others; more than 190 countries and regions spanning every continent.
Towel and bathrobe types take the lead in the home textile products being exported. Constituting 41% of the home textile products, which are sent from Turkey to abroad, towels and bathrobes make up nearly half of the home textile export rate, which is followed by beddings with the export rate of 25% and curtain models with the share of 6%. The remaining part of 28% is broken to similar amounts among the other home textile products.